February 5, 2010
There’s a few minor bug-fixes as well (check the change log).
January 8, 2009
Version 0.0.26 incorporates a major update to the TinyMCE editor, from version 2.1.3 to version 220.127.116.11. A minor release in terms of direct functionality for Remote Writer (although the use of the newer version of TinyMCE offers efficiency and functionality improvements itself), but a reasonably major release in terms of changes to the code base.
November 23, 2008
Version 0.0.25 includes a number of important bug fixes and useful features, including:
- Addition of two simple scripts to aid debugging of wxjs.
- Corrected help notes to reflect recent changes in wxjs.
- Included new version of json library, which is better at parsing long strings using regExps
November 18, 2008
I discovered, as a result of not getting any reasonably lengthy piece of content synchronised back to the server, that there was a message in the apache log alluding to me trying to send a POST message of more than 1024 characters.
It turns out that this is controlled by a variable in the apache conf file, so as a result of the recent wxjs upgrade, the wxjs stuff in the conf file now needs to look like
LoadModule wxjs_module "d:/wxjs/bin/mod_wxjs.dll"
AddHandler wxjs .wxjs
I.e. APREQ2_ReadLimit has to be set to be some reasonably sane value large enough to represent your largest expected POST message size (i.e. when synchronising content to the server).
If not, you’ll get an OK response from the call, but the content won’t be synchronised, and you’ll only know for sure that there’s a problem by seeing the message in the log file.
November 6, 2008
This has also meant some changes to the help notes, particularly
- server\wxjs test_cmd.wxjs
- server\wxjs test_html.wxjs
March 26, 2008
Version 0.0.24 includes a number of important bug fixes and useful features, including:
- Fixed synchronisation bugs which caused files to not be fully synchronised between the client and the server
- Added the ability for the user to rename a document
- Added the ability for the user to delete a document (virtual delete)
- Added the ability to add id attributes to elements with a class attribute beginning “name”. Although this sounds a bit esoteric, it means that it is now possible to add unique ids to all elements representing authorities (e.g. “namePersonal”, “nameOrganisation” etc) before exporting the content from Remote Writer, and these ids can be maintained when the authority is then matched to an external authority file. Thus, when a future export from Remote Writer is performed, the newly exported results can be compared to the previously matched results, and be updated with the matched information (by a user script), thus preventing having to manually rematch the authorities against the external authority file. Any new authorities added in Remote Writer since the previous export must of course still be matched to the external authority file.
February 24, 2008
Here’s a screencast of some of Remote Writer’s features, demonstrating how to create and style documents, compare revisions etc. Hopefully this’ll provide people with a better idea of what Remote Writer is and how it works before installing it.